Leading safety tips for new homeowners in Orange County
If you recently acquired your first home or you’re getting ready to, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for you and yours. You might be thinking about the ways you can customize your house with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you get too caught up in home improvements, make sure you give thought to home security as well. Keeping those you care about protected should always be a foremost priority, and we’ll show you the way with our safety tips for new homeowners in Orange County.
Conduct a safety check of your new Orange County property
Now that safety is top of mind, discover what your new home has in place. To begin, make sure you have working smoke detectors. Test every one and replace batteries if needed. Are CO detectors in the house? Do you need a water sensor in your basement? This is also a perfect time to update door locks and check all locking mechanisms on windows. Go through each room and get to know your property.
Smart security tips for your Orange County home
Once you’ve done your initial investigation of safety alarms and locks, you should think about elevating your protection. Get started with these security tips for your home in Orange County.
- Install a modern home security system. One of the best things a new homeowner in Orange County can do is incorporate a home security system. Modern wireless technology allows you to keep a close watch on your home even when you’re not there. You may review real-time video footage, operate entry locks, and even communicate with visitors on your front porch directly from your cell phone. You can custom-tailor your system with amazing security implements like video surveillance and monitored safety alarms.
- Modernize your outdoor lighting. Outdoor lights with motion detectors are a smart way to turn away potential invaders. You may even integrate them with outdoor cameras. When a motion sensor is set off, it can instruct your surveillance to record.
- Maintain your yard. Do you have an unblocked sightline of your property from the interior? Are there overgrown shrubs and trees obstructing the view? Get rid of potential places to hide by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will be appreciative of it also.
- Make friends with folks on your street. One more thing about your neighbors, get to know them. If you are friends with people nearby, they’ll be more inclined to let you know if they discern suspicious activity. You may also get involved in your neighborhood’s social media presence if one is established.
- Benefit from home automation. If you opt for a modern smart home, you can make it seem like you’re on site by illuminating smart lights at programmed moments. This is a great feature when you’re away.