How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Orange County smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full control of your Orange County home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and check out tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Orange County help you?
Connecting wirelessly to components with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even chat with someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also gives you total remote operation with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Check current or recorded video streams from any connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Orange County by setting schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock when the smoke alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be inside your home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to take action. Note that you may still arm your home’s security by following the steps above. You will then need to verify you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Orange County
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will likely want to add or remove a user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote functionality, select phone or email and submit the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, proceed to the menu, tap users, select the user you would like to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Orange County home security system. Contact (714) 769-8364 to learn more.